Monday, January 13, 2020

Recidivism

Way back in 2017, I had written a blog on 'reviving my dying habit'. I had cribbed on failing to be regular in posting blogs. That perhaps, motivated me to pen down few blogs in short span, but again the habit died. It seemed, that, small revisiting myself blog, gave a boost to my writing by injecting some stimulant shot. However, the effect was ephemeral, till the potency subsided and wore off.

I am still wondering why do I lose track and fail to live my passion- writing and thinking loud in letters. Delhi as a vibrant city, many times sucks your vibrancy or diverts your energy into other things, which may not be of your liking. It could be extra time consumed in traveling, struggling through the choked roads, witnessing on daily basis the road rage or to avoid the pressure of traffic and letting the driver face the brunt, gluing the eye balls on the smartphone in hand. Another option, time and again chosen is to call people whom one had missed calling while in action during work. All these are tiring and exhausting, and add on to the burden of daily official work rather than being a catharsis. Unfortunately, it is not a revelation which comes with difficulty, but still these actions mentioned above remain the best buddies during traveling, which consumes hours in Delhi.

Why does this happen? why do we indulge in activity which is painful instead of being relaxing. To me it is because we get unmindful. Mindfulness is what is missing in Delhi or any similar fast life places. We get swept away in the rat race, to prove that we can thrive in daily unhealthy competitive chores for professional survival. In any system it is not your decision which is supreme. There are multiple factors and actors who define your path. It is omnipresent and mere part of journey. But, still, life comes to a standstill every passing day, totally bogged down by the happenings of the recent past and the current day developments with expectation that only self is the cause and effect. Unquestionably, time has proven that everything becomes immaterial as the days pass, but in anticipation the unpredictable future is predicted and stressed drawn from nowhere affecting the present. Certainly, it doesn't mean that all actions go waste and there are no ramifications or spill over in future, but most of the energy wasted are on those issues which are insignificant and mundane.
This is the cause of thriving business for advocators of peace, either in the form of spiritual guru or some de-stressing activity promoter.

All said and done, still I have failed to unfold the mystery of my writing hibernation. To have diagnosed the ailment and not taking recourse to treatment is callousness. And personally a 'sin' for me, as writing pushes me into the world of exuberance. This intermittent falling back into non-expressing zone is 'recidivism' to me. The knack to offload the mental occupancy and unburden the shoulder of unnecessary baggage is what I have lost. This skill is intrinsic and has to be nurtured by self. To practice consciously and mindfully is what is required. Perhaps, this piece is an attempt to re-dig into my consciousness and re-realize the fact that nothing is going to pop up from an alien world to pep me to get back into my thinking boots and don the expressing cap.

In this piece I have tried to put my own self to describe the real situation of many more. Life moves on even if we live the way we want to or we don't. To others, possibly, what we do is of no significance and consequence. It matters only to us, in particular 'me and I'. For my life stays with 'me'. So, let us live a qualitative life as defined by ' I ' but certainly without transgressing into the domain of others ' I ' space.

No comments:

Post a Comment