Wednesday, September 22, 2021

I am a paragon of love

 

I am a paragon of love

 

 

I am a paragon of love

Fluttering my wings joyously

Hopping from a tree to another

Flying around carelessly

Spreading affection around

Perching on branches,

playing with leaves and flowers

 

 

Nectars flow ceaselessly

I burn my tongue picking food

Hurt my throat singing loud

When I wail for any loss

my tears wash away in rain

no regrets I have for my life

for I am a paragon of love

Fluttering my wings joyously

 

 

Suddenly, I find myself caged

the life is boring and stale

I am asked to speak when I am silent

and my songs are forcefully muted

not enough space to spread my wings

My woeful cry is mistaken for a song

I am smiled at when I am in sorrow

Turned to be a puppet, tied to a string

 

 

Can’t dive to eat anything that I like

The blossom is not visible anymore

Fake life surrounds my captors

Nature is lost and unnaturally they live

Who never watched me on their balcony

Display me to the world as a trophy

I smile only when I pity them

Am sorry, now I pity them so often

 

I can see the sky once again

A pious soul bailed me out

It came in the shape of small fingers

Giggling with affection set me free

My tears rolled out with his beam

When I tried to kiss, he ran away

Pretending he did not owe me anything

 

 

Even I noticed it for the first time

That the colour of clouds changed with time

Morning and evenings are orange

Sometimes they turn grey, black and white

My love for all grew manifold

Because life is not just me but we

I want to play the role of my liberator

Create around me many more

paragons of joy and paragons of love

3 comments:

  1. Wish you more Paragons of love and joy Sir. What a brilliant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent read it two times to get deeper into the words. I feel it is written on me...Beautiful and just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete