Sunday, September 9, 2012

Passionate Crusade

I have always been warned "Are you not very passionate?" and always I throw back a question "Is it not good".  Surprisingly, the answer coming is "Yes", but the expression does not match words. Life has been very kind to me. I always wonder if it is equally giving to others.

My recent journey has been learning and awakening. It has somewhere touched inside me, prompted me to go beyond 'my-self', come out of 'ego-centrism', and thank those who may not matter to me directly, but matter to society, humankind, of which I am an inseparable part. My attachment with the children, their families, who have come a long way to schools from some forbidden land, who aspire to be like us, free and simply normal, who look forward to have a normal family, has given me a lot of happiness. It has made my voyage more meaningful.

I am said to be passionate about combating human trafficking. I do not have to wait and watch if they (who want to judge my passion) appreciate my passion or discredit it as an outburst of an emotional man. It is me; it is reflection of the voice of those who want  to be heard far and wide; it is mirror of the persons who want to travel through me distance, and raise people to the cause. My passion is admixture of many responsibilities, self created and hopes laid on shoulders.

When I look around me, as a law enforcer, I find myself to be privileged one. When I look around me as a law enforcer and social worker I find myself more privileged and honoured. When I look around me as a law enforcer, social worker and an academician I find myself to be privileged, honoured, and gifted. And when I look around me as a human being I find myself rich in all respects, the blessed one. Is not the, privileged, honoured, gifted and blessed a relative term. I found these terms gratifying only when I turned around to see people around me. Is not being simply human the right of all, all around us. I am passionate to know answer to the question that why to make ourselves the blessed one we have to step on others life and violate their rights. This passionate crusade is to awaken human beings that they can survive easily and happily without crushing the happiness of others. Let them all be simple humans with their basic rights intact and respected. 

1 comment:

  1. You r absolutely right sir.........one should be passionate towards his work then only he could go through the defaults of that cause..........its foolishness to first let the bad happen n then show our passion towards the work.......one must always be dedicated to his work........should not wait for wrong to happen.......u are doing so much for the society ,for the kids.......its commendable!!!!

    ReplyDelete